Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Lunch hour Session @ the MET



I forget sometimes about those days as an undergrad of Art History at UGA, sitting in those musty auditoriums fighting to stay awake to the sound of the slide reel. Wow, can't believe I'm of the generation of the slide reel, yeesh! I never imagined, fast fwd, that those exact slides would one day be a hop, skip and a jump away between work and my lunch hour.

Next to the most famous wing at the MET (the Impressionists) is a new exhibition devoted to the very humorous and whimsical era of, Victorian Photocollage. The show automatically led me to day dream of what kind of collage I could produce using photos of my friends and watercolors, be warned! Filled with beautifully framed pieces and album after album of skillfully crafted photocollages, the exhibition evoked dreams of Alice and Wonderland. Playing with Pictures: The Art of Victorian Photocollage is small but so well worth the trek up town!


<


No comments: