Friday, March 2, 2007

J'adore Hussein Chalayan!



People have a love hate relationship with Paris, since I've never been and will be going for two weeks in June to study for 2 weeks, (YAY!) I can only have romantic notions of this impassioned city. But I do have to say I'm already swayed by the fact that some of my favorite fashion designers choose to show here over any other metropolitan city, so that is saying something, right? Besides the Japanese avant garde group, Yohji, Comme des Garcon, I adore, adore, adore Hussein Chalayan. Can anyone get any cooler than creating a collection of robotic dresses, being eco-friendly and designing a collection inspired by Samurai armor. I'm so obsessed I'm even a bit jealous, such brilliance this man has, pushing fashion's button left and right, so fierce, I love it! Check out the collection at Style.

No comments: