Monday, November 2, 2009

Too Late


I just found out that the season for camping Malouf's Mountain has just ended. Their season begins on April 15th and ends October 31st. It would've been fun to reserve Halloween weekend to tell ghost stories around a campfire. A client told me about her great experience there and I neglected to check it out.

Supposedly, for the average New Yorker (one who lacks storage for camp gear), Malouf's Mountain supplies everything you need for a quick weekend hike: tent, campsite, fire/cooking pit, firewood, even food and drink. There is no better way to put it than how it is explained on their site so for my first post as newest lazyrobot member, I'm wussing out and quoting (hehe):

"Upon arrival, the first thing you'll notice is the privacy of each site. You will find a stack of firewood and your fire pit for cooking. You will see your covered platform which is especially nice because you're not stuck in your tent if it rains. There is also a cover over your fire pit. You can bring your tent or rent one of ours. Then, there is our chow box - it has everything you will need for your stay, from pots and pans to a pad of paper and a deck of cards.

If you think that's nice, wait until you see the bathhouse - hot showers on one side, flush toilets on the other, and in the middle, sinks for cleaning up and sinks for dishes. There are also two dryers in case your gear gets wet. "

I can't wait to hit this camp up next year. Hopefully, coaxing my fellow lazy-bots won't take as long as me waiting to look up this site.

2 comments:

yer_bot said...

AWESOME!!! I wanna go, too bad we're lazy and didn't make reservations in time for the season!

tom_bot said...

i know. hella lame-zy robots. hehe.