Monday, September 10, 2007

One more time

During the humid, sweat-filled weekend, a thought entered my head and bounced around: this would be the ideal time for one last summer expedition to Coney Island.

As I skimmed through AMNY on my Monday commute to work this morning, my heart wept when I read these words:

“Astroland closed for the season -- and possibly forever -- Sunday.”

The fate of Astroland lies in the hands of the owner, landlord and developers and their ability to come to an agreement. But where are the freaks supposed to go now that the season has ended and the crowds have dispersed?

Well tonight, they’re heading to Avenue B where East Villager and LES hipsters can take in bizarre acts from the Coney Island Circus Sideshow while sampling pints of the newly launched Coney Island Lager for a mere three bucks each. So if you missed out on that one last memorable Coney Island experience, like me, here’s your chance to catch the freaks one more time.

On a completely unrelated topic, this Onion article is absolute, sheer brilliance. It hilariously exemplifies why I could never be a music critic.

1 comment:

yer_bot said...

the kiddie park is open till mid-october
http://gothamist.com/2007/09/09/last_day_of_con.php