Saturday, June 28, 2008

M.I.A. soon to be M.I.A.?

Earlier this month, Yer, Blair and I descended into McCarren Pool for the first time this season for the sold out M.I.A. show.

I've seen M.I.A. four times and it's amazing how much she's grown as an artist from the first time I saw her at the 40 Watt Club in Athens, Georgia. Gone are the days of paper helicopters as stage decorations and here are the days of enormous lit up palm trees. The speaker stacks are much taller but she still likes to climb them.

Words can't adequately describe the fun that my girls and I had at the show so I thought I'd post the image above and let it speak for itself.

Notably, M.I.A. mentioned at the McCarren show that she was canceling her European tour. Some people took it as a joke but a week later at Bonnaroo, she claimed that performance would be her last.

Say it ain't so! Let's hope she's just messing with us...

3 comments:

yer_bot said...

umm . . . i look FOB

Anonymous said...

Обычно я не читаю сообщение о блогах, но я хотел бы сказать, что эта рецензия очень заставило меня попытаться сделать это ! Ваш стиль письма были удивило меня. Спасибо, очень хороший пост. - Получить больше информации http://inc2to.com

Anonymous said...

Спасибо за благоприятные рецензии . Это на самом деле раньшеразвлечений счет этого. Загляните сложным далеко введены приятнее от вас! Кстати, как мы могли быть в контакте ? - Получить больше информации http://pans.inc2to.com