Thursday, May 14, 2009

AC @ T5

Rainbow strobe lights underneath tables covered with white tablecloths, in turn covered with electronic music equipment -- Check!

Giant orb over which to project trippy visuals-- Check!

Large screen hanging on back wall patterned not unlike the tapestries your hippie room mate in college used to hang on the walls -- Check!

What we have here is not only the recipe for a most excellent mushroom trip but also all the ingredients for an Animal Collective show, in this case, at Terminal 5 last night.

I wish I'd been able to take a photo that better portrays the psychedelic setup but we were way too far back (as clearly illustrated by the picture above.) Brooklyn Vegan has great photos and a set list.

The show was absolutely amazing. The super long version of "Fireworks" was really cool and they even threw in Panda Bear's "Comfy in Nautica." My only disappointment was "My Girls" which I thought didn't sound very good live. It's possible I just like that song too much or maybe it's just overproduced on the album.

All in all, a top notch show. Can't wait to see Animal Collective in Prospect Park in August!

No comments: