Monday, April 20, 2009

Brooklyn Flea is back!

I wish the above photo better illustrated the sort of terror a group of guys toting brass instruments can create in the makeshift aisles of a crowded outdoor flea market but the idea of busting out my camera somehow slipped my mind as we tried and tried to evade them on opening day of the Brooklyn Flea Market on Saturday.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for live music but on a sweltering day, as I make my way through an antiques/craft maze, searching for hidden treasures, it's about as enjoyable as giving my cat a bath.

Here's to hoping the band was just a bonus for opening weekend.

Also new this year is the addition of the Red Hook food vendors' infamous Pupusa Truck.

I'm torn here too. Pupusas are ridiculously tasty but the line to get them stretched halfway across the crowded courtyard.

Perhaps also a special treat for opening weekend? Or at least until the ball fields are back in business for the 2009 season? The Pupusa Truck can't be in two places at once, can it?

One thing's for sure -- it's starting to feel a lot like Summer!

3 comments:

tom_bot said...

hella jealous i was at work. i'm definately standing in line for a pupusa this year. i don't care how long it is. i may, somehow, have to get a snack for the line but....

yer_bot said...

well, that was our plan for sunday but some of us were out raving till 4 am to Dj Odi who did not spin any drum and bass :( that night was crazy, one innocent meal, one innocent drink at trophy, a night raving out . . .

aurelie_bot said...

i'm confused! what does odi play now?