Wednesday, January 30, 2008

It's raining mixes/Sunday is the new Friday

After a long hard day of quilting and drinking 40's a couple of Sundays ago, I ventured into the city to catch my favorite mix master, Diplo, at Club 205.

It was absolutely amazing. My friends always tell me that Sunday nights are the best nights to go out and it turns out they're spot on. The crowd and venue size were far preferable to what we usually encounter at Studio B or on weekend night LES escapades.

Speaking of Diplo, a new mix of his surfaced online today. You can download it here and, as usual, it doesn't disappoint. You can always count on good ol' dependable Dip!

There's at least two more really good mixes out there right now, notably Cut Copy's Cosmic mix and the Justice Fabric Rejected mix. The Justice mix isn't exactly what you might expect from those guys which is so nice.

Anyone get tickets to the Mercury Lounge Cut Copy show? Sadly, I did not but I might try to go see them at Studio B on March 15th (though I get back from my trip to Big Sky that night around 10:30p.m. which might be a little tight… life is rough!)

No comments: