Saturday, September 12, 2009

The freedom

I've resisted twitter for as long as I can.

In the past few months a favorite pastime during the lunch hour at work is gathering around the one ancient desktop in the office and perusing fun websites. It so slow it takes the WHOLE lunch hour. When I say this computer is ancient I mean it's tower should probably take up a whole room and be covered in blinking lights circa 1950's sci-fi. When I say slow I mean this tortoise never, ever beat the hare. Usually the websites range from cute animals, awww, to hipsters and douche bags gone wild, whoa! Recently someone came in with a new one, twitter.com/shitmydadsays. In one word it's hilarious. In two words it's freaking hilarious.
So, this 28 year old dude lives with his 73 year old dad and twitters about the shit he says on a fairly regular basis. Granted not a terribly exciting premise unless the old guy is suffering from dementia...which...really...isn't funny. Anyway dementia aside, this guy is funny. He's old, he's tired, and cranky and has no filter whatsoever. Ahhh the freedom of kids and seniors. It kind of makes me impatient to get old and just say whatever I want without consequence, watch out for twitter.com/shitIsay in about forty years or so.

No comments: