Thursday, October 16, 2008

Banksy's back

British graffiti/political artist Banksy is back and this time he's put together a makeshift pet shop in NYC's West Village, conveniently a mere 6 blocks from my work, at 89 Seventh Avenue South, between West 4th and Bleeker called The Village Pet Store And Charcoal Grill.

In his "pet shop," Banksy explores a variety of themes including the consummation of pets, such as chicken and fish, as food, animal testing, fur and the lamentation of road kill.

I stand behind the "eye of the beholder" philosophy when it comes to art so far be it from me to instill any of my beliefs or interpretations upon you. Instead, I leave you with a gallery that represents a sneak peak of what's to be seen at the exhibit and encourage you to check it out on your own.

Banksy's Pet Shop will be up until October 31st.


No comments: